The Diploma in Education & Training is a Level 5 qualification. It is ideal if you wish to develop your existing knowledge and skills within a teaching role. This course is intensive in nature but a balance between theoretical and practical sessions. You will learn about theories and principles in education and training but also have the opportunity to demonstrate them in your practice
The qualification will provide you with the knowledge and understanding needed to:
- deliver education and training
- assess learners
- plan in education and training
- use resources in the delivery in education and training
- understand the roles and responsibilities in education and training.
Delivery & Assessment
We will assess you through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observations of teaching. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course will be provided. We allow 12 months to complete the qualification if studying from home but you will have access to a tutor. You will be observed for a total of 8 sessions during the course. This is to ensure you are able to demonstrate the practical elements of the qualification. You can choose the topic for these sessions but they will preferably be on the subject that you specialise in.
What Units Will Be Covered:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Effective partnership working in the learning and teaching context
- Action learning to support development of subject specific pedagogy
- You must have access to 100 hours of teaching
- Demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
- You need to be in-service or delivering sessions voluntarily as you will be observed in your workplace setting
- Good reading and writing skills in English
- Should be qualified/experienced in the subject you intend to teach.
You have two study options available for the Diploma in Education & Training. You can choose either classroom based or distance learning but for either option you will be provided with support & guidance. If you choose classroom based learning, you will need to attend our training centre for all theory input. We then allow between 3 and 6 months for completion of observations, assignments and teaching hours. For distance learning, we allow 12 months for completion therefore allowing you to commit your study and teaching hours. For further information on either options please follow this link and we will provide you with a course information pack.
Benefits of the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training:
- Once completed the Diploma in Education & Training, will provide you with eligibility to apply for Qualified Teacher Status.
- It qualifies you to teach across a wide range of Further Education and Higher Education establishments
- The units in the Level 5 Diploma course overlap and can be used against a range of Education & Training qualifications
You may prefer to complete the Level 3 Award or Level 4 Certificate if you haven’t had any previous experience in a teaching role. If you would like further information on any of our qualifications, please follow this link and complete our Registration Form.